A member of my social media seminar analyzed the social media activities of local governments in Japan and the USA. Here are the findings:
- American local governments mostly tweet about local news while Japanese prefectures tend to focus on informing people about local events and activities.
- American local governments ask many questions but Japanese prefectures don’t.
- American local governments tend to thank followers and show appreciation (verbally) while Japanese prefectures don’t.
- Reference to blogs is almost nonexistent in the US.
- Tips & useful information is almost nonexistent in Japan.